Yema is a sweet creation that you can serve as a dessert or snack. If you have a sweet tooth, then yema is something that you should try.
- 2 cups powdered full cream milk
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp. butter (softened)
- 1 50-gram pack coconut cream powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- small paper cups (1-inch diameter for the bottom)
- Place a small saucepan on the stove set to medium heat. Pour the condensed milk and heat gently. Avoid bringing the milk to a boil.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat Pinoy Teleserye the egg yolk and pour in half of the heated condensed milk. Stir well until mixed thoroughly. Add the coconut cream and mix until you get a smooth mixture. Pour this mixture into the saucepan and go on cooking. To prevent scorching, stir constantly and scrape the bottom and sides of the saucepan. Turn off the heat when the mixture begins to thicken. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, put the powdered milk, the egg-milk-coconut cream mix and the softened butter. Blend well until you have a smooth mixture. Use cling wrap to cover the mixture and chill inside the refrigerator for about 45 minutes. Mixture will thicken after chilling, thus, making it easier to shape into balls.
- Put the white sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Form the mixture into balls using two teaspoons. They will look irregular at this point. Drop the balls onto the white sugar and roll it gently to coat the entire ball. Roll the sugar-coated balls gently using your hands. When you are satisfied with the shape, drop the ball into a paper cup. Repeat the same process until you finish shaping the remaining mixture.
- Chill the yema balls then serve.